What is menopause?
Menopause is a transition. It is a normal part of life. There are 4 stages
- Premenopause - from when a girl starts menstruating (menarche). AKA reproductive age.
- Perimenopause - marks the beginning of the transition towards menopause. Can last several years. Can start to experience symptoms, but can still get pregnant.
- Menopause - Marked by the final menstrual period. Officially confirmed once the woman has gone 12 months without a period. Also marks the end of perimenopause.
- Postmenopause - Includes everything after menopause until the end of life. This can be ⅓ of their life span for many women.
What Can You Do?
Implement habits that support the reduction of symptoms you are experiencing.
- Stress management
Mini Deep Dive Into Menopause and Nutrition
- Eating more minimally processed foods
- Consuming fewer highly processed foods and drinks
- Perimenopausal, menopausal, postmenopausal women who want to stay active, healthy, & strong GGS recommends eating .54 -.9 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight each day.
- 165 lb. woman would shoot for 90-150 grams of protein per day
- Eating enough healthy fats
- Eating plenty of of colorful fruits and veggies
- Choosing slower-digesting, higher-fiber carbohydrates
- Eating enough fiber
- Drinking plenty of water
One Takeaway Skill
- All-or-Something thinking to combat “All-or-Nothing” mindset
- Consistent effort is always better than occasional perfection
- Small actions add up
- Finding the wins - focus on those!
- 10 minute workout instead of 45 minutes if time is scarce
- Want pizza? Add a veggie or salad on the side
- Aim for middle ground
- Spectrum - on a scale of 1-10, with 1 being awful and 10 being amazing, how are you feeling today?
- Embrace the gray area
- Not good/bad
- Not always/never
- Not black/white
Do you need help navigating this period of your life? I can help! Schedule a FREE Discovery Call here to get your questions answered and see if we can help you support you through this journey.